5 useful windows tools
1. Bvckup (www.bvckup.com) Currently free in its beta stage, Bvckup is expected to cost about $US50 for a business licence. It offers real-time, periodic or manual data backups, letting you continuously monitor folders for changes and update their backup copies immediately after the originals are modified, or run backups at fixed time intervals.
2. Font Frenzy (tinyurl.com/2gpsv6) Windows fonts slow down your computer, the more you add. Font Frenzy is a free font manager that will it help you to view, install, and uninstall your fonts. It can also help you "defrenzy” your whole font folder and put an end to font frustration and slow boot-up times.
3. USB Write Protect (tinyurl.com/28m6lgy) USB Write Protect is a tiny application that will protect your USB drives from accidental file deletion or modification, by allowing you to disable the writing permissions on the drive. It’s a useful safeguard against viruses that are designed for transmission through flash drives.
4. SmartDefrag (tinyurl.com/34ykchl) SmartDefrag helps defrag your hard drive most efficiently, working automatically and quietly in the background on your PC, keeping your hard disk running at its speediest.
5. Soluto (www.soluto.com) Soluto is free software that detects those frustrating issues that are slowing down your PC, and advises on how to fix them.