Insurance systems provider EIS partners with Microsoft Bot Framework
Insurance core systems provider EIS Group has announced the integration of its EIS Digital Experience Platform (DXP) with the Microsoft Bot Framework.
The partnership aims to deliver intelligent assistant and other artificial intelligence (AI) services to insurers that augment the skills of customer service agents and improve the quality, speed and cost-effectiveness of customer engagement.
DXP enables the packaging of insurance products and services for digital distribution to customers and partners as high-quality, role-based omnichannel experiences.
DXP connects with data and core services as a key component of a comprehensive platform for digital transformation.
The adoption of Bot Framework makes it easy for DXP users to incorporate AI services into personalised marketing, selling and servicing interactions powered by DXP.
The integration of DXP and Bot Framework allows EIS clients to build and connect their own bots to customer communication channels and add cognitive skills that enable bots to see, hear, interpret and interact with users naturally wherever they are.
“Significant value is being created as insurers start using intelligent chatbots to transform providing 24/7 services to customers and agents,” says Microsoft worldwide insurance managing director Tony Jacob.
DXP comes with a pre-built set of EIS Suite core service APIs spanning policy, billing, claims and customer management that are readily available for integration with Bot Framework and Cognitive Services.
Users of DXP will use the Microsoft Bot Framework to:
- Add chatbots to insurer mobile and web applications
- Use chatbots to assist sales and marketing interactions and turn existing chat services – SMS/text, Skype chat, Facebook messaging, Webchat, etc – into customer service channels
- Create smart bots that understand customer requests and intent and recognise entities such as policies and claims
- Use Microsoft Cognitive Services to recognise photos of autos and other objects, identify customers by voice and understand sentiment, and access customer and industry data
- Capture customer interaction data and use it to infer the next best action