New feature set for Xero today
Here is a summary of the new features introduced today:
Budget manager updates
A small update to the budget manager screen: we’ve fixed the column headings, added a new column for account totals, and now support full window view.
New partner bank feeds (NZ)
If you bank with either CRT Co-operative or Bartercard then fill out an authority form and we’ll automatically import your bank transactions into Xero.
Report packs (NZ)
We’re continuing to improve report packs. In this release we’ve:
- included a signatory note at the foot of the default balance sheet layout for all entity types
- renamed default report pack layouts to highlight the difference between Differential and Exempt entities
- removed the account header on the Profit & Loss so only the dates of data and comparatives are shown
- made sure the footer disclaimer doesn’t overlay the report data when formatting reports in landscape.
plus Accounts receivable and payable improvements
- Customer Invoice Report
- Supplier Invoice Report
- Brand new reports to quickly view, filter and export either customer or supplier invoices.
How much is due?
A small feature to show you the total amount due over all selected invoices on the Account Receivable and Accounts Payable screens.
Sort order remembered
Even after you navigate away or log off, Xero will remember which column you last sorted by on the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable screens.
New bank rule option
You can now create a bank rule condition that tests across all statement details. For example, rather than testing for 'Payee contains Thompson' you can now test for 'Any text field contains Thompson' - this is most useful when you’re not sure where, on a bank statement line, a piece of information will be.
Additional history when changing contact bank details
To help you audit who's made changes to a contact’s details, Xero now shows changes to bank account numbers in History and Notes.
Register fixed asset and add another
Similar to invoices, you can now choose to register and immediately add another asset.
- Discounts - invoice line discounts
- Budget improvements
- Remittance advices
- Cheque printing for the US
"All of these improvements are based on customer feedback. We still have lots of work to do and are planning to release further improvements every month or so. Your feedback is vital to ensuring that we’re working on the most important things first." says Xero