Noel Leeming has partnered with Quantiful to develop a mobile product comparison tool, following news from The Warehouse CEO Mark Powell that 25% of the group’s marketing budget will focus on digital.
The Warehouse Group acquired Noel Leeming in December 2012.
The new tool, Match, was driven by Machine Learning and will be introduced into a number of Noel Leeming stores.
Match allows sales staff to instantly identify the best mobile and broadband plan across all telecommunication suppliers for their customers’ needs. Match and Noel Leeming staff use the customer’s personal information and preferences and provide precisely targeted suggestions and recommendations for their mobile phone and plan.
“With Match, decision making for the customer and sales staff is now effortless,” explains Alan Gourdie, managing director at Quantiful.
“Products and services details and advantages are seamlessly displayed, encouraging customers to make a more informed final selection,” he says. “This convenience is the key to a happy customer.”
Match provides a streamlined service with supporting device and plan comparison, selection and purchasing. Using consumer and accessible transactional data combined with relevant external data, Match recommends complementary products in mobile, broadband and media services that fit with a customer’s individual needs and preferences.
Paul Taylor, head of telecoms Connectivity Development at Noel Leeming, adds, “It is early days but since the introduction of Match (Compare and Save) our customers are enjoying the fact we can now give richer independent advice and the convenience of seeing all the options in one place.”
• Customers’ needs can be quickly and conveniently understood in a retail environment.
• Customers can view competing alternatives and evaluate relative prices and features themselves either in-store or online.
• Inbuilt purchasing enables staff to accompany customers through the transaction process.
• Automatic hand off to the provisioning system is uncomplicated and lead data is generated.
• Ongoing programmed interaction allows further offers on complementary products and deals on new models or subscription renewal services.