In celebration of the spirit of competition and entrepreneurship, the Extreme Tech Challenge has announced an extension to the current deadline for the fourth annual contest, allowing prospective challengers two additional weeks to submit their winning venture.
An unprecedented number of applicants from all around the globe has inspired XTC 2018 to extend the submission deadline to August 31, 2017, inviting more companies to join the race to Sir Richard Branson’s Necker Island.
Previous instalments of XTC have showcased innovations from the genomics, robotics, health and wellness, transportation, virtual reality and cannabis sectors, ultimately opening a global platform for these groundbreaking industries to enter the public realm.
Spearheaded by Sir Richard Branson and Gary Shapiro, XTC 2018 is priming the stage for another groundbreaking year for technology and the startup industry at large.
Following the close of applications, XTC 2018 will take place across four key events, beginning in San Francisco and ending with the finals on Necker Island early next year. Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge empowers entrepreneurs and their companies by providing visibility, resources, and gives competitors the ability to grow exponentially in scale and knowledge at a low to no incremental cost.
XTC strives to inspire and provide growth to up and coming entrepreneurs and business by surrounding them with mentors that to help guide them as they build on product success with business success.
XTC pulls this all together into an experience money cannot buy with showcase events at the world’s largest technology trade show, CES, and also at Branson’s own Necker Island.
Invaluable opportunities await contestants at every level of competition, with each round bringing contestants critical exposure to a singular audience and community of tech and business stakeholders.
XTC 2018 Timeline
• Application Window Closes August 31 - 9pm Pacific Time
• Stage I - October 11, 2017 - Top 25 Unveiling: A rigorous judging process from the get-go, the pool of applicants is narrowed down to the Top 25 startups, unveiled at CTA Innovate! and Celebrate with a celebration in San Francisco.
• Stage II - November 9, 2017 - Top 10 Unveiling at CES Unveiled NYC: Two months ahead of CES 2017 only 10 Semi-Finalists will be selected from the Top 25 XTC challengers. In addition to unveiling the Semi-Finalists, the annual event showcases the future of tech before the new year.
• Stage III - January 11, 2018 - XTC Semi-Finals at CES: Extreme Tech Challenge returns to CES Las Vegas for the semi-finals in 2018. This stage of the contest will see the chosen Top 10 pitch their tech live on-stage in hope of being one of three companies selected to move onto Necker Island
• Stage IV - February 2018 - XTC Finals on Necker Island: Top 3 Finalists present to a panel of all-star judges, spearheaded by Branson.