- Don’t use cardinal numbers in order: 1,2,3,4,5 etc. is not clever.
- Think illogically; computers rely on logic to operate.
- Be obtuse, think outside the box, invent a new word!
- Never use your mother’s maiden name or any password that your bank might use.
- Mix keyboard characters such as the asterisk with letters and numbers.
- Use a mixture of upper and lower case letters.
- Always change default passwords from ‘password’ or ‘admin’.
And lastly and very importantly: NEVER tick the ‘remember this password’ box.