Xero has added a new feature known as ‘Search for Xero’, available from any screen within the app, to enable faster navigation and a better workflow.
Following this update, Xero is the only cloud accounting software with search available across its entire platform and all of a business’ financial records.
Users can search across both transactions and contacts from a single search field, and then see a dynamic snapshot of information.
“We’re continuing to innovate, delivering features that allow [small businesses] to be more efficient, serve more customers in less time, and establish new services,” says Angus Norton, Xero chief product officer.
“Search for Xero really changes the game in terms of how people manage their finances, faster and more efficiently.
“Search is an action we do every day and take for granted. It will not only change how users find information, but how they move around the app as well.
“It will save hours of productivity for our users and we’re incredibly proud that features like this can have a huge impact on the productivity of the small business economy,” says Norton.
Xero users can now:
- Find contacts and transactions in Xero with search across all contacts and transactions to find the required information, from anywhere within the Xero application.
- Quick navigation within Xero. Keyboard shortcuts let users move around Xero at speed to get more done in less time.
- Add information quickly. In addition to locating existing records, users can add new records from anywhere with just one click.
- Instantly search for contacts and transactions, view dynamic search results, directly navigation to frequently accessed pages, and quickly add a new contact, invoice, bill, quote, or purchase order at speed.
- Improve efficiency. By being able to search records quickly from anywhere, hours of time can be saved, says Xero. This new form of task-driven navigation results in increased profitability and more time spent adding value in other ways.