Xero first launched New Zealand Payroll in Xero just under three months ago, and the accounting software firm is sharing details of how the launch is going, as well what may be coming up in the near future.
When we launched, a few key expected features were not quite complete,” the Kiwi company says in a blog post. One of these features was the pay run payments report as well as the monthly filling reports. These features have now been released, along with fixes for a few teething issues, Xero says.
The company has released several features for New Zealand Payroll, including:
• EDF, EMS and KED files for uploading to ir-File and submitting to Inland Revenue
• Request a call back from Xero Support option when you’re setting up Payroll
• View all payslips for each employee without going from pay run to pay run
• KiwiBank, Westpac, ASB and BNZ payment files
• Pay run payments report
• Report showing all details included in the EDF, EMS and KED files
• Automatically assigning annual leave to new employees
• Allowing negative leave requests to be submitted
• Calendar to show dates including employee birthdays, leave requests and payment dates
• Ability to record the total paid as at the opening balances date for any leave in advance taken
Xero says it moves ‘pretty quickly’ and releases updates to Payroll every two weeks. “You’ll see constant improvements and features all designed to make Payroll more powerful,” it says.
The company has numerous updates in the works, including automates final pay calculations, Xero Me iOS and Android mobile apps for employees, additional reports, as well as others.
Xero says long term it is working on a number of larger projects to improve the payroll experience in New Zealand, including seamless payments direct to online banking and powerful web and mobile timesheets.
“No matter how good a payroll system is, if it is not set up correctly, it will not perform optimally and result in unnecessary issues down the track,” Xero says.